Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Night 2 Of Transition

So here goes night 2 of transitioning Dallas to his own toddler bed and witholding breastfeeding! He is a young 2, but nevertheless, he is 2! Nutritionally speaking, he no longer needs it. According to Dallas, it's the end of the world without it. Last night consisted of Mommy reading books to Dallas in his bed then finally patting his back to sleep. (Only took about 30 Minutes) He woke up an hour after he fell asleep. I pat him back to sleep, and after this next time...sure enough I gave in! What's a girl to do?!?! That Momma's little boy, my whole world! And quite frankly I enjoy him snuggled up next to me, and seeing his precious face first thing in the morning. I have a feeling Daddy & I won't be missing out on the nightly kicks to the face, or rearranging our bodies around a sideways sleeper!! However, we have a cruise to look forward to at the end of April, and sweet Dallas has to survive without chi-chi! Tonight when I put Dallas to bed, he climed up there just as if this has always been our bedtime routine. I was so proud for him to go willingly. Once again, we read a few books, then I patted his little back and watched his eyes gently closed. He drifted off to sleepy town like a champ. Although its just as hard on Daddy and myself, we shall see how long we can make it. I already miss that little stink, hence the reason I'm blogging about him for the first time in 2 years! :) I know hes only in the other room, sleepy soundly...but I live and breath this kid. We spend 24-7 together so a few hours without him feels like eternity! Ive got to get some sleep to remain strong for when he wakes. Goodnight :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment