Tuesday, April 9, 2013

My weekend in a nutshell

"My weekend in a nutshell?!?" What does that even mean?? How can I gather my weekend and put it inside of a nutshell? What kind of nut do I look for?? Lol, just being goofy! We had a terrific weekend!!

FRIDAY: Shannon, Presley, Dallas and I went shopping for a little bit at Firewheel! We hit Old Navy, returned shoes to Foot Locker and stopped in Crazy 8. I'll have to admit, Crazy 8 is growing on me. It's just below Gymboree who is also owned by the higher end Janie & Jack. Although, I'm so cheap, I really only buy if its a clearance deal...same at Gymboree. We also picked up Destiny's birthday cookie cake from the Nestlé cookie store! Shannon made sure to rush me, seeing as how we had a house full of girls waiting on us! I try to always set the table up for birthdays the morning of a party! That way the girls have something to look forward to and be excited about during school. Destiny's menu requests consisted of: sweet tea, Pepsi, Dr. Pepper, Sprite, my pimento cheese sandwiches, egg rolls, chicken wings, her grandma Cindy's deviled eggs, taqui's, and a cookie cake for her 14th birthday. She made her own invites for her friends, and called the adults in hopes they wouldn't be busy. She planned her birthday party in January but waited until the weekend before to finalize her details and set a date to have her party! I can't believe she is 14 now!! CRAZY!! Time flies! I also can't even begin to fathom teaching her to drive next year. She has a lot of maturing to do! :) I also can't believe the nerve of these mouthy teenagers these days! I just pray my girls won't act that way in someone else's home they are a guest in! Sleepover went fine, half left on time...the others were picked up at 9:30am, which is pretty far from 7:30am! Destiny wanted to go to her grandparents so she asked her friends to leave at 7:30 AM! Yikes!

SATURDAY: The Poe's, Arielle, Dallas and myself went to the Parks Mall in Arlington to do a little shopping. We had a fun day and spent too much money! That was our first long day trip without the stroller! Thankfully Presley let us use her storage basket for my wallet & phone! Of course I had to carry him the majority of the day! I was prepared for it, but I did assume he would walk more than he did. Instead of meeting Lance for dinner, he ended up getting a tattoo. We decided to stay the night with John & Shannon so we wouldn't be bored at home! We got extra play time with Miss Presley, and Dallas loves playing with Tucker and Mattie. Shannon read her baby girl a story and John and Dallas watched cartoons in their bed. After some play time, Dallas and I went to the guest bedroom where we chit-chatted for about 20 minutes. He is so smart and snuggly at night! He took a nap on the way home therefor I was in for a long night!

SUNDAY: We got up and headed in to see Miss Presley! She was cooing and smiling! I ended up putting her to sleep for a little nap while her mommy & daddy got ready! You already know we pulled through Starbucks on our way out of Forney! :) Lance met us at Costco as we were picking a few things up. We headed home and Shannon helped me organize our kitchen cabinets and drawers! Presley was such a good baby all weekend. She is so happy and a pleasure to be around!! We made burgers and my parents joined with homemade fries!! It was a yummy dinner, although I held out on a bun with my burger AND I chose not to eat fries! It's all about my choices, and I'm doing better!! I am down 10 pounds now and I want to continue on my weight loss journey! Our cruise is at the end of this month, I couldn't be more excited! All in all, we had a terrific weekend!! We truly are blessed with amazing friends and family! Dallas is now asleep, girls are in bed relaxing and I've got a hot bubble bath calling my name! Time for some R&R for this mama!! Thank you Lord for blessing us with so much, forgive our sins and continue to watch over my family and friends, AMEN!!





























No comments:

Post a Comment