Sunday, July 7, 2013

Being spontaneous RoCkS!!

Lo Here it starts: The Poe's, the kids and myself were sitting around talking about something fun to do Saturday. After throwing some ideas around, Shannon asked Dallas what he wanted to do. Dallas wanted to, "see baby sharks...and dolphins." 

Long story short, John said Shannon and I weren't spontaneous enough to hop in the car and head to San Antonio to hit up the River walk and SeaWorld. CHALLENGE ACCEPTED! While Shannon and I were throwing toiletries in a bag, and grabbing outfits, John had our hotel arranged and booked in minutes! (Free to us since he's accumulated so many points through work trips) Arielle had excitedly called her mom and packed her bag--in record time. 
We spent the night with the Poe's and had our alarms set for 4:00am! We left out of there about 5, and drove to San Anton :) We got to stop at the Little Czech Bakery I always hear about. It was definitely good and worth the wait! I got a ham and cheese thingy, yumm-o!! Also picked up a big baseball cookie for Dallas. We made a stop at the ever loving Buckeys on our excursion! We finally made it to SeaWorld, and couldn't wait to get through the gates and explore! 

We saw this trainer working with the dolphins. 
It was wonderful for Dallas to be able to see the dolphins so close and in their enviroment. Awhile back, the girls and I had a dolphin encounter on one of our cruise excursions in the Bahamas. Dallas stayed behind and slept on the beach with his Daddy, so this was his first experience to get to see them.
Next we walked through the shark exhibit, so Dallas could get excited! 


The fish were so bright and colorful! (one of my favorite parts of any aquarium!) Presley enjoyed looking at the fish too! 
Presley was so good all day long! She seemed to have a great time too!




I felt so special, Presley wore an outfit I got her for her baby shower. It was a bright romper with a "P" embroidered on her leg and a matching hat with her name on it! She looked precious as she can be! Also, I think this was Shannon's first time to carry Miss Priss for an extended amount if time in her Baby Bjourn. Presley AND Shannon did wonderfully! Never heard a peep out of either of them!
We really enjoyed seeing all the different kinds of sharks and fish! Next, we went to the show, Azul. The show had beautiful birds, dolphins, acrobats, and the trainers wore brightly colored outfits. It was cool to watch!! 



We happened to see Franklin from Nick Jr. hangin' out at SeaWorld. Surprisingly, Dallas wasn't scared. That's about the only show we watch on Nickelodeon, so Dallas was familiar with this ol' turtle. 


We stood in line FOREVER to ride a Big Bird ride in Elmo's Bay of Play. We were trying to hurry to catch a new show for summer, Pets Ahoy! -It was really cute. I am really fascinated at how they train them to do all those tricks. I was surprised to learn that they adopt animals from the shelter to train for this show. I find that pretty cool. They don't allow flash photography in this show as it is an indoor show and it's dark. Therefor, we don't have many pictures from this show. 
Here is a picture of Shannon and the babies! dallas was wrapping his arms around them hugging and kissing them, but of course I missed that picture! Afterwards, we got to walk up to the stage and see a couple of dogs that were big stars on the show. Dallas really liked petting the dogs! :)

This was Dallas' first time to ride on something like this. He actually liked it and wasn't frightened like I thought he might be. 

When we stopped for lunch, I realized how "random" people are. That's a big generalized umbrella because some were rude, grumpy, stressed, and the list goes on and on. I think people tend to freak a little when it comes to finding a table in a crowded restaurant. Patience are worn thin by all bystanders waiting in food lines....I get it! People are hungry, looking for friends or family, searching for a table big enough, once again...the list goes on and on. However, I think we would function as humans if we were a little bit more self-less and giving as well as friendly. There were tons of Middle Easterners and I'm pretty sure we "as Texans" have been raised quite differently. It was a bit of a culture shock for me :-/ 
This girl on the other hand, shows me that manners do work! She is usually so polite and respectful ;-) I am always so proud of her. I know I can count on her in public or even at home...either way, she impresses me. I love this sassy pants so very much and I am thankful to be able to spend these years with her. We are creating memories everyday and I am glad she is part of my life. 
Here are a few pics from Elmo Rocks! Arielle took her little brother down in "the pit" area to get closer and see the show from a different perspective. 

We also made it to the One Ocean show starring SHAMU the killer whale and some of his friends! 
 
I always love seeing Shamu and the cool stuff they get these huge creatures to do. 
Our last show was the sea lions which we thought about skipping. I am so glad we didn't, this was one of my very favorites!!! They poked fun at some of the other shows featured at SeaWorld. Since this was our last show, we sat in the front row of the splash zone! We got wet a few times! Arielle and I loved it, but it was chilly and Dallas wasn't a fan. 

This was by far the funniest show! ;-) 
After a long day of making sure these kiddos got their fill of fun and excitement, we were ready to head to the hotel and check out the River Walk! We had been shoving cold, frozen treats down their throats and making sure they got plenty of water. We also kept reapplying sunscreen so they wouldn't get a sun burn. Dallas was good actually! He was excited and pretty well behaved for the majority of the trip! I have to remind myself he's just a toddler and has the attention span of a chihuahua. I have also got to work on positive reinforcement instead to staying on his case all day, everyday. We are truly blessed to be able to take a syontaneous trip like we did!! We had a blast and it was great fun to do something different. I try to thank my husband daily for working so hard for our family!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment