Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Let me get caught up...

Dallas is taking a nap, so I wanted to get caught up on whats been going on in our life! He is sleeping in big boy underwear for the first time!! (he does have a diaper on over that simply because this is the first time AND he's in my bed!!) I have an app I've been using off an on called "Potty Time." 
However, we have a slow couple of days, and we are using up the last pack of diapers so it's time to turn it up! I really don't want to go out and buy anymore diapers! Dallas is too intelligent and mature! It's time :) I don't want to push him, but steady encouragement and motivation is my goal! The app was free. He gets a sticker every time he potties and you can have "an incoming call" from this lady who is very enthusiastic about your kid pee-peeing in the potty! 
This is his potty chart for the day, he has done really well and I am so proud of him!! He loves to call his Daddy and tell him he went pee-pee in the potty! It's so cute listen to those two talk! Their Father/son bond is so special, I can tear up instantly. I love the way they play together! Hearing them laugh & giggle together melts my heart! I am so very proud of the Daddy Lance has become and we are incredibly blessed! Last night we put Kenzie's homeless fish in a huge bowl so they could get some food & fresh air!

Lance was explaining to Dallas about their food, their water, not touching them...so after feeding them some pellets, we kept checking on to see if they had eaten. This morning we had two fish that had gone to fish heaven! I thought if I cleaned the bowl and put it away he would forget, but nope! :( Dallas kept asking where the fish were, "Momma fish?" "Momma fish?" So I explained that they didn't make it and they went to fishy heaven! He may be ready for his own fish. Actually, come to think of it, that would be a great prize for getting potty trained!!! This past Sunday was so much fun! We went to Freedom Fest at Lake shore church. They had food, pony rides, slides for kids, a petting zoo, trampolines, train rides, and last but not least, FIREWORKS!! 
This was one of the big ones I'm sure the girls would have loved had either of them been there! 
I love little Kenzie's face here! She is so girly!! And the BEST sister in law in the world!! (She has a precious niece or nephew for me in that little belly!)  
Some of the very best friends a girl could ask for!! Always there for me/us through thick and thin! We are truly blessed to have The Poe's in our life!! 
Sun shining bright, but still love this pic.


The kiddos riding the ponies! I can't wait until next year so Miss Presley can play too! 

I absolutely LOVE this picture of my girls and our babies!!! Dallas wouldn't look but that's okay! I am so glad we got a shot of all of us!!! I will be excited to pull this picture out 10, 20, 30 years from now!! 



We had such a great time! It was last minute we decided to go and it ended up being a lot of fun!! 

Waiting (quite awhile) for fireworks, these cousins were cracking me up!!! They are so silly! They started this stance out of no where!! 




Finally dark enough for fireworks!!

Headed home, we had a pretty sleepy bubba in the back seat! (Who didn't want me to take his picture!) 
All in all, we had a great day! I loved getting to spend a little time with Kenzie that morning! She is so smart and she has such a warming laugh! I am honored   to be her aunt Koko and get to see her quite often! Jennifer, Kenzie and I ran to a few stores then met up with The Poe's for a little lunch at Luigi's! It was pretty yummy! Presley was amazing like usual through lunch and a little bit of shopping. Dallas spent the night with my parents Saturday night so he got to go with them Sunday morning to church and to breakfast AND lunch!! He absolutely adores his Umpy & Mimi! I am so glad he has such positive influences and respectable grandparents to help guide and raise him through this life! He is my world! Okay, time to sum this up...my stomach is growling! I'm going to make left over spaghetti and catch up on the real housewives of Orange County while Dallas finishes his nap! :) HAPPY, HAPPY Tuesday!!!! 

1 comment:

  1. I need to look for that app...looks cute!! Poor fishies!! Maybe they were happy in their bag of water!!!

    ReplyDelete