Thursday, June 20, 2013

My eyes are open!

The older I get, I become much more wise...as we all do! Today, I found the culprit to some prank calling & texting! (Calling my phone at 5:15 am on a Saturday morning, pretty ugly names, harsh words and tacky moves!! It lasted for about 3 days!) We all have done/will do it, but the extent for me & my friends growing up was pretty harmless! I remember the excitement of someone answering and getting to hanging up...never knowing it was you, or how to get ahold of you. Today, we live in a world of technology! With computers & Internet, it's a never ending information highway! However, my oldest step-daughter has pushed too many buttons and messed with the wrong B! I remind her I will always be older, smarter, stronger and a bigger bitch than she ;-) I love those around me with my whole heart and would give the shirt off my back for a friend or family in need. I have an abundant amount of feelings for my kids...an unconditional, everlasting love!!! But I am officially cutting my emotions back off to Destiny. As mean as it sounds, it's the only way I won't drive myself CrAzY!! Lol, it is what it is! I have been told a million times, I can't change her. I FINALLY accept that!!! She is what she is and the apple doesn't fall far from the tree! Her biological mother has abandoned her two children and left them to their own, being forced to be raised by others. I firmly believe kids need their Moms! The Mother carries the baby for 40 weeks, delivers, and is supposed to love her baby as well as raise them the best she can! It's not Destiny's fault her Mother has become who she is--but Destiny has been given a second chance for a "Motherly figure" to love her, teach her right from wrong, be there to support her, educate her, and most importantly be a Mom to her. I have gone to every play, graduation, awards ceremony, field day, meet the teacher, parent/teacher conference, choir performance, band performance, Christmas/Valentine/back-to-school/end-of-school/Halloween/fall/ spring party & get together there ever was since 2nd grade!!!!! I cleaned her throw-up, washed wet sheets, taken her back & forth to the dr, dentist, listened, gave advice, picked her up from school, taken her to school, hugged her, kissed her, taught her to read, helped her with homework, taught her manners and tried to help her function normally in a world full of lunatics. I have bent over backwards, been the forefront, cried many rivers, and been strong for her, now...she has exhausted all measures! Its not just a silly prank call/text that has me upset...It's just an eye opener to how she truly feels about me. I have 2 other kids that need a Mom. They respect, love and cherish me. There's my focus people!!! It's clear to me now...I can't keep up with the negativity and drama! I have to keep positive and stay focused on my babies! Please don't misconstrue my "jotting down feelings." I would accept Destiny with open arms at any moment she decided to make changes for the better. She reminds me of some sort of addict. She isn't going to change until she's ready, and this is my bottom line! ;-) That being said, I love her forever and always, but refuse to deal with her shenanigans. Her Daddy can deal with her and his parents. That whole situation just isn't for me. I'd rather remove myself from that problem than let my negativity be seen and heard. Okay, I think my rant feels complete! Thank you Lord for steering me in the right direction and giving me sight to see! Thank you for letting me raise such AMAZING children who teach me more and more everyday! I am so blessed and couldn't be more ecstatic to walk with you! Amen!

1 comment:

  1. You have done an amazing job with those girls, and Dallas. They are lucky to have you!! You are a wonderful momma and Destiny will come around and realize it someday!

    ReplyDelete