Sunday, June 2, 2013

What a FUN weekend!

Dallas is getting over his illness and I was tired of being cooped up! We slept in Saturday morning, then got up had lunch with The Poe's at Scotty P's. I love their Greek salad! Plenty of food for a great price ;-) We decided to shop a little bit at Fire Wheel mall. Arielle, Dallas and I stopped at the fountain for a picture! Dallas wanted to see the water so bad! 
He could see the water from his stroller and kept repeating, "Mama, water?!" I stay impressed on how much he talks and can communicate with us! He truly is a sponge soaking everything up!!!
So glad Miss Arielle took our picture! I want to make sure Dallas has plenty of pictures of us to look back on one day when I'm wrinkly and shrinking, lol.
On the way back by, I begged Shannon & John to let me snap a quick pic with Miss Priss! 
I love this picture of them! Such great friends! :) We ended Saturday night with dinner at Edohana. Lance met us there after work and we went straight from shopping. Sunday morning, alarms were set early for a Canton, First Monday trip. Lance kept Arielle and Dallas and we headed out about 8. We had bows to buy baby! I got 2 pairs of SuPeR cute Yellow Box flip-flops, bows for Arielle, ribbon to make bows for Arielle, really pretty ribbon to decorate some frames around the house & I'm sure there's more I'm leaving out! 
We needed round 2, or 3, or 4...because my head was too small! Lol, I love these girls so much! We have a freakin' blast every time we get together!! I couldn't imagine my life without these two! They bring me so much laughter, joy, and happiness! We have inside jokes out the wazoo and our stories are never ending!  We make each other laugh non-stop and don't really care who else thinks we are funny, because we think we are funny!! 


Yummy Chiloso for dinner, and bow making was in full effect! Arielle slept all evening complaining of a sore throat and headache :( guess its doctor for my girl today! We put Dallas to bed in his big boy bed last night! (He has got to get on a better schedule!!) I love reading to him and listening to Lance read to him as part of our nightly routine. 
I bought this book FULL price ($15.99) at Arielle's book fair last week...(ouch) I don't normally do that! But when I skimmed through it in the store, I fell in love! Dallas asked his Daddy to read it last night and even though he's read it before, I kept tearing up! We are truly blessed to be able to sit next to our happy, healthy kids and read to them! I am thankful Lance is such an amazing Father to our sweet Dallas!! Watching my boys read together melted my heart. I know there are an abundance of men/women who aren't part of their children's lives, (for whatever reason) and it's absolutely heartbreaking!! I adore these munchkins and wouldn't have it any other way!! Dallas looks up to Lance just as a son should his father. Time doesn't stand still and we have to live in the moment! I found this quote online and thought it was cute:

A man's desire for a son is usually nothing but the wish to duplicate himself in order that such a remarkable pattern may not be lost to the world.  
                                      ~Helen Rowland



1 comment:

  1. Canton was so much fun!!! We definitely got lots of bows!!! Love those pictures of Lance reading to Dallas---he's such a good daddy!!!

    ReplyDelete