Sunday, January 5, 2014

The Farmer in the Dell...

What the heck is a Dell...who even knows?? Or is this something everyone knows but me?!? I wasn't sure if it's "the Farmer in the Dell," or "the Farmer and the Dell?!?" Oh man...so many questions!

 Friday night Arielle & Dallas got to spend the night with the Poe's. Dallas has been asking for awhile! I took the kids over there and before I left Shannon asked Arielle what she wanted for dinner. Arielle wanted shrimp!! Lol, my girl is fancy! Of course they spoiled them; took them to dinner and rented a movie :) I am so grateful to have such great friends in my life to keep my munchkins and treat them so well! We have family that doesn't even love them that way! Sad, but...it is what it is! :)

Saturday morning John took Dallas to Brookshires and to get donuts. I got these pics:
 
I'm pretty sure that's the cutest thing I've ever seen!!!! Dallas was well behaved the whole time, until I got there. He can be such a stinker sometimes! He hates sharing! We all went to their Papa's farm to help out a little bit and see the cows. We visited with Papa inside and got to listen to some stories before going outside. I was glad to see him doing so well and he seemed to be in good spirits!

 
We loaded up on the mule to check out the cows! Papa took the tractor and moved all the cows to a different area of their land. There were quite a few calfs, we even got to see one nurse from their momma!! It was so natural and so sweet!

Dallas loved getting to be outside, see the cows and have a completely different environment than we are used to. It was a gorgeous day! The sun was shining and the fresh smell of hay is hard to forget. 


The boys loaded up some wood in the bucket of the tractor to bring back up to the house for Papa's fire place. 

These pictures mean so much to me! Memories made that hopefully last a lifetime! It's hard to put into words how appreciative and thankful I am for John & Shannon to let us hang out with them and treat us like family on a Saturday, especially since Lance works! John let's Dallas help do "man work" and doesn't think twice about it. He scoops him up and loves him like his own. Shannon tears up when he says cute things or does something sweet! It truly touches my heart to see her love him so much!! I couldn't have picked better Godparents for my son. I saved this picture:

Kinda hard to see, I tried to zoom in to get a better picture. We had a wonderful day and ended with dinner at Saltgrass with the Poe's and John's brother David & wife Alyssa (who signed up for the cruise in February this last week!!) 

Sunday morning I went to church with my Mom and let the kiddos sleep! We discussed fasting for 40 days to obtain a better spiritual relationship with Christ, the same way Jesus did before he died. This leads to Monday morning starting my 40 day fast! It's a challenge that I accept and want to accomplish! I plan to eat more "raw" foods and most definitely stay away from fast food joints!! No cookies or snackie things! Mom & I stopped in Costco, and I got stuff for salads, raw almonds and some fruit. It's a good start but I'll have to go to the store again after Lance gets paid!! The rest of the family won't have much to eat if I don't ;-) This is something totally new for me and even a tad scary because I'm afraid of failing. However, I'm going to pray when I feel like I'm slipping and need encouragement. This fast will end February 15th, the day before my Mom & Dallas' bday! So hopefully we go out to dinner somewhere yummy for their birthday dinner!! (I'm also hoping to lose some extra weight as a small side effect!) The girls start back to school tomorrow after their long winter break! 6:00am is going to come early. I need to get to sleep, I plan on going to the Woodcreek gym after waking them up!! We shall see ;-) Thank you Lord for letting me walk with you and keeping me on the right path! In Jesus name I pray, AMEN!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment